Wondering what can you do with used wedding dresses? Not sure what to do with an old wedding gown?
What you do with your used wedding dress
after the wedding really depends on the type of person you are. If you are more practical than sentimental then there are many ways you can get rid of a wedding dress. If on the other hand you just hate to part with it, but can't justify the cost of having it preserved in hopes that your daughter may wear it one day, then try to think up ways to use all that gorgeous fabric.
Creative ideas on what to do with a used wedding dress....
If you have no interest in keeping it, why not....
- Advertise in the newspaper, be sure to include designer, size and condition. Price will be dependant on having it clean or allowing the new Bride to have it cleaned.
- Ebay is a great way to get rid of used wedding dresses. To get the best price possible be sure to have the dress cleaned and advertise designer, manufacturer, size.
- Consignment shops that specialize in used wedding dresses are always looking for the latest style. Don't wait to consign your wedding gown as the new the style the higher the price.
- Donate it to a charity that will pass it on to a needy bride. Many refugees and low income families are given assistance by charity organizations and they may be able to find a bride looking for a wedding dress.
Ways to recycle your used wedding dress...
Here is where can get really creative with what you can do with your used wedding dress.
- Have a christening gown made. This is a great way to keep the sentimental value of a wedding dress, once all the babies have been christened have it framed.
- Wrap the outside of a photo album with the fabric and trim with lace, use this album to show off your wedding photos. Create mini albums for families and friends, this is an extra special sentiment.
- Make Christmas decorations incorporating the fabric, this is also a nice keepsake for those who attended the wedding.
- Boudoir pillows made from a wedding dress add an special touch to the couples first home.
More wedding planning tips.